Saturday, October 07, 2006

Life is about change

I read in a profile something like: “I can’t change, I’m 42.” Jiminy, you might as well be 102. To me, life is about change. That’s how life evolves, not from perfection, but from imperfection. When you can’t change, you are ready to go six feet under my old friend.

I get quite a number of e-mails: “I wish you lived here.” It just amazes me how unwilling people are to communicate in this day when it is so easy to connect. Don’t people know the average Joe changes jobs every five years. Even if you are certain where you will be in five years, are you so sure I’ll be here forever? I’ve lived in four different countries, not counting a few months in another. And I’ve lived in more than a few states from Alaska to Virginia.

Quitting smoking was probably the hardest change. I quit twenty years ago. Sometimes I think about smoking a cigarette but that is usually a brief reaching for a cigarette! Divorce was more painful than death and I know because I lost four of my siblings.

I am no blogger but here I am, although I might not be blogging tomorrow. Anyway changes aren’t easy but that’s life, and if you find life is easy, well that’s totally incredible (hint: yeah I am not a believer). I don’t know how long I’ll live, and I’m not worried about it either, but today and everyday, I am thinking about becoming a better person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home